Ghosts and ghouls have come out to play, Halloween after all is their very special day. If you are looking for San Diego WAYs to spook and delight, here are our favorites to bring you lots of fright!
#1. Trick-or-treat, safe from the street.Several of San Diego’s favorite parks and neighborhoods are hosting family fun festivities where you can trust you’ll have a good time in a safe environment with your kiddos.
- As if Italian food wasn’t enough to draw us out, Little Italy is serving up Halloween treats at their annual Trick or Treat on India Street on Friday, October 26th from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Hit up Piazza della Famiglia on India and W. Date Street for a map of participating businesses.
- Balboa Park’s Halloween Family Day on Saturday October 27th from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., is San Diego’s largest free Halloween carnival and is celebrating its 10th year of bringing San Diegans safe, family fun. Food trucks, a dog costume contest, carnival games, a museum rooftop pumpkin drop and a “Thriller” flash mob … need we say more?
- For free daytime celebrations, check out Liberty Station’s Halloween At the Station, on Sunday, October 28th from noon to 4 p.m. Everyone is encouraged to deck out in their best costumes and trick or treat throughout the district.
- If amusement parks are your thing then head over to Belmont Park’s Boomont & Fall Fest where every Friday – Sunday in October from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. children 12 and under can participate in trick or treating along with themed rides and Halloween holiday festivities from 5 p.m. to close.
- As part of your park admission, both Sea World’s Spooktacular Weekends September 22 – October 28 and LEGOLAND’s Brick-or-Treat Party Nights September 29, October 6, 13, 20 & 27 have trick or treating stations throughout their parks PLUS theme-tastic spooky parades, special Halloween inspired shows and family fun dance parties.
#2. Boo! at the San Diego Zoo.
#3. Birch Aquarium features unusual underwater creatures.
#4. Into haunted history? Take a San Diego ghost tour to experience the mystery.
#5. If we haven’t scared you yet, check out San Diego’s Haunted Halloween triple threat.
Did we miss a great WAY San Diego Halloween celebration? Comment below or e-mail us at [email protected] And for more WAY San Diego ideas, follow us on Instagram and slide a BOO! in our DMs!